Sunday, February 12, 2017

Feedback Focus



Reading out loud: I am not a huge fan of reading out loud. I prefer to read quietly to myself. I feel like I get distracted when reading aloud and tend to concentrate on the pronunciation of words instead of the content of the story.
Copy-and-Delete: I liked this technique. It is similar to what we have been practicing as we read the stories in this class. It helps me stay focused and make sure I am reading well enough to form ideas about the paragraph I am reading.
Use a timer: I don’t like reading by a timer. It kind of makes me feel rushed and like I might skip some important things in order to stick to a timeline. I prefer reading at my own pace.

The best technique for me is definitely the Copy-and-Delete technique. It allows me to read at my own pace, but helps me to make sure I am staying focused enough to have some comments about what I just read. I also like using a timer a little, but it kind of makes me feel pressured and takes away from my concentration on the story and puts an emphasis on just finishing the reading. I do not like reading out loud. I distract myself when I do this and it doesn’t help me.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment