Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Reading Notes: Arabian Nights-Part B

I am continuing the Arabian Nights stories by Andrew Lang. I am excited to continue this story because the second part is the Aladdin series! I have enjoyed the last few stories in Part A so I am looking forward to Part B.

Aladdin 1: This story was similar to the Aladdin I know except slightly different. I could see how it was adapted a little to make it a Disney movie. I am interested so far.

Aladdin 2: This was a sweet story of how Aladdin experienced love at first sight, but then he uses the Genie to bring the Princess to him. Then it becomes weird. She is frightened and obviously doesn't share the feelings that he does.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhLJWC0TFNcfzG5S-0KcxU-jE512yCpvr1eaGTQUkFHcaw_omS2NxErww8YC1e24zHYxgDUtwZdi140dVq5BMn54TLDKTyoH5L11kX4uyjrG5Bl3M8fl7-JQbny6eMZNmDKSiuHh44ekz8/s1600/Screen+Shot+2014-05-14+at+12.08.03+PM.png 

Aladdin 3: I like that he now woos the princess in order to help her love him. He obviously cares for her because he makes the palace and keeps trying to take her hand in marriage. He won't give up until he is successful which is quite romantic. I can tell that a conflict is about to arise because Aladdin is having success and everything seems to be going well for him. Usually stories don't let the protagonist have an easy time reaching success.

Aladdin 4: Aladdin got the lamp stolen due to his ignorance. His wife did not know the riches the lamp held. I like that Aladdin does end up finding his palace, and I am eager to see what happens next.

Aladdin 5: I like that they are in love so much. I really find this story interesting. It is similar to the Disney story, but not. I like knowing the modified version story and reading the original one.

Aladdin 6: Disney definitely has a more exciting story. I like the romance and story Disney has. I feel like this Aladdin is a little rushed and doesn't spend much time letting you invest in the characters so it is hard to feel anything for them. I like the romance that happens throughout the story along with the happy ending. Happy endings are my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment