Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Reading Notes: Japanese Fairy Tales-Part B



I will be continuing to read Japanese Fairy Tales by Ozaki. I am excited to continue reading these stories! I really like the fairy tale aspect.

The Goblin of Adachigahara: This story starts of pretty interesting with a Goblin that eats people and a haunted place in the plain. I am worried for the traveler that he will get eaten by the lady.
 
The Goblin of Adachigahara (cont.): That was a pretty scary story. I know it's not over, but the imagery of the blood and dead bodies and skulls all over the room was a terrible image. It did make me nervous, but I'm glad he ended up looking and leaving before we had to read about him dying.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEilxwSGULI2I2LxUyiZKsgME_cOPtCVZ29slH_WwUmXKQ__zwmIEX4ZlaOdAxs1-w5JYBumzoVy7-kLacRLOSNEDFzYjgPm_9dzwrU4076vubPu4J2L7lDfqqcPm4blIyzqWiN199fJli8/s1600/image.jpeg 


The Ogre of Rashomon: These stories are starting of so gruesome and gross. The cannibal creatures that appear only at night in certain areas are kind of cliche, but a good story line. Not much has happened other than some guys trying to prove that they are right and the other is wrong. Typical.


The Ogre of Rashomon (cont.): I pretty much had thought the ogre would be standing behind Watanabe. It is sad that he cut off the giant's arm. It is pretty bad that the ogre is still alive too because he is probably very upset with Wantanabe for cutting his arm off.


The Ogre of Rashomon (end): This is a fairly good ending. I think it's a little strange that the nurse looked so much like the old nurse he had had growing up. I think it's weird that the ogre so eagerly convinced them all that he was an old nurse instead of an ogre.


The Story of Princess Hase: I like this story so much so far! I love a story about happy people that wish for something and get what they most desire. I love that the daughter is so kind and loving no matter the circumstance. Stories like that are really inspiring.


The Story of Princess Hase (cont.): This story is quite sad. The stepmother is evil and tries to kill the young princess, but ends up killing her own son. This is so sad. It's not fair that the poor child should die due to his mother's evilness.

The Story of Princess Hase (cont. again): I love how pure and sweet Princess Hase is. This is probably one of my favorite characters so far. I know that it is impossible to be perfect, but a story about someone that tries so effortlessly to love all is so amazing.


The Story of Princess Hase (end): I love that until the end Princess Hase-Hime has such a wonderful reputation. She is so humble and loving. This is the kind of character every story needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment