Monday, March 27, 2017

Famous Last Words: Playing Catch Up vs. Relaxing

I am pretty sad that I am already halfway through this course. I am really enjoying reading the mythology and folklore! I am also really enjoying writing and reading other students' writing! As an engineering student, creative writing is something I never really get the option to do. Unlike many of my classmates, I absolutely love fiction writing and creative stories!
I keep feeling like I am getting behind in this class. I am writing the stories or reading the assignments the day I have to have them done. Usually, I am the type of student that has everything done days ahead of time. I don't know why it has been so hard for me to keep up with this course. I got a little ahead during spring break, but I am now back to where I was, unfortunately. I am trying to figure out how to get more on top of this class. It is very hard to come up with good stories to write so frequently. I usually spend a day thinking about what I want to write about and where I want my story to go. It would be very difficult to write more than one story per day. I tried doing this over spring break, but I was only able to get ahead to Week 9.
I am really enjoying the short stories that I get to write every week, but the storybook is what I am super excited about! I love stories that I can develop and have a good story line! I feel like some of my short weekly stories are lacking in depth because of the length cutoff, but I think 1000 words is the perfect length for a story written in one week! It also helps me to learn another type of writing and being more concise!
I really wise there were another class like this I could take or something that I could do that would allow me to write stories weekly like this class does! It is very relaxing and has allowed me to clear my mind and really take a break from my math, science, and computations!

https://karasfitlife.files.wordpress.com/2015/04/relax-meme.jpg 

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe that this course is already half way over either-it's crazy how quickly this course is flying by. I think that this course is extremely hard for me because it is causing me to think so differently than I'm used to. Being a science major means that I definitely haven't had to do very much creative writing in my undergrad career. This class is definitely forcing me out of my comfort zone in that regard but I think it's really interesting to read what other people have to say and how they think differently than I do!

    ReplyDelete