Monday, March 6, 2017

Week 8 Reflections

I love writing, and so far I have liked most of my stories. I admittedly have liked writing some more than others. I have learned that I love writing about love. I enjoy happy endings, and I don't really like writing sad or dark stories. The last few stories have been hard for me to write because I haven't had much time to just think about what I want to write, but instead have had to just start writing and hope I get to somewhere I am satisfied with getting to instead of developing an elaborate story with a great plot.

 
I am so excited for my storybook. The type of writing I do is usually on the longer side. It has been a little difficult for me to write under 1000 words in some of my stories. So having the storybook where I can really develop a character and make a larger story is more what I like to do!

I would like to try to write a suspenseful or thriller story. This isn't the type of writing I usually do and I think it would be a good challenge for me. I think it would also help me broaden my writing skills and maybe learn a little more about my writing style.

I love the imagery that some people have used in their stories. I feel like I am there with the character and not just reading about him or her. I am definitely working on that especially with my storybook. I will probably edit it multiple more times to add more detail and imagery. I think reading more stories and writing more on my own will help me develop as a writer and a critic. I will try to give more critical feedback, but be constructive at the same time. I still really think positive encouragement is the best way to go though!

No comments:

Post a Comment