Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Reading Notes: American Indian Fairy Tales-Part A

I chose to read the American Indian Fairy Tales by W.T. Larned this week. I decided to stick with my normal trend of reading the fairy tale stories. I decided it would be pretty cool to see the fairy tale stories in all different cultures to see if there are any similarities in characters or plots.


Iagoo, the Story-Teller: I like how this story starts! I love the free spirited, fearless personality of Iagoo. I am excited to read his stories!

Shin-ge-bis Fools the North Wind: I am eager to see what happens in the story. I can't imagine anything bad happening to Shin-ge-bis though. I am enjoying these stories so far. I didn't think I was going to like this unit initially, but I am liking it! I admire Shin-ge-bis's courage and strength.

Shin-ge-bis Fools the North Wind (cont.): I love how Shin-ge-bis kept his positive nature and was never discouraged. I love that the theme is cheerfulness and courage can overcome anything. I think that is such a powerful message.

The Little Boy and Girl in the Clouds: This is an interesting story. I like that the two children are living in nature and just interact with the animals. I am a little curious where they came from. Do they have parents? Are they the only humans in the area?

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEh_Fve2fK4OlV33dAg0LpmgN2X_QIX32AqvP6ZtqE6blfJM4eNxY9OWn5YbFd3iHMfhznloLc5cg1mwUgN-59kwNsQHw_DDEQbbglYYofPPwn6dFTeSvqD6MarbYXZ8Y18LGc_DO5LkHq0/s1600/plaground.jpg 

The Little Boy and Girl in the Clouds (cont.): I love that the little Measuring Worm was the one that saved the day and could accomplish the task. I didn't know where the story was going, but I see the lesson in it! I like how these stories all seem to have a lesson. This lesson was, "No matter how big or small you are, there is something that only you can achieve."

The Child of the Evening Star: I love these stories of pure hearted people who are so wise and unwilling to settle. They are an inspiration and such great characters. I really like that Oweenee looked passed the outside and peered into the soul of the person in order to find the right person for her.

The Child of the Evening Star (cont.): This story is SO sweet! I love it so much! They love each other so much and have such kind, pure hearts! I want to write a story like this, but I don't know if it will be nearly as touching!

The Child of the Evening Star (cont. again): This story keeps getting cuter and cuter! I really like it! Just when I think it is about to end, the two lovers, Osseo and Oweenee, get even more good fortune. I'm worried what will happen in the last section!

The Child of the Evening Star (end): I was really worried this story would end badly, but it ended just fine! Osseo and Oweenee got a son and a happy ending while her sisters got what they deserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment