Thursday, March 16, 2017

Reading Notes: American Indian Fairy Tales-Part B

I chose to read the American Indian Fairy Tales by W.T. Larned. I will be finishing the second part of the series.



The Boy who Snared the Sun: I think this story will be an interesting one. It has started a little slow, but I expect it to pick up pretty soon.

The Boy who Snared the Sun (cont.): This is a pretty silly story. I think it is funny that the sun is given characteristics like a human. I also think the imagination used in these stories is pretty cool!

The Boy who Snared the Sun (end): That was silly that the sun made the dormouse shrink in size until he was the size of a regular mouse. I think this whole story was pretty silly and there didn't seem to be much content to it other than entertaining some kids.

How the Summer Came: This seems like another interesting story. I hope this one seems to have more of a point and purpose other than just entertaining. I like the stories that tell why something happened or how something came to be.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjfUbe8vNp_ddtrDfq54J_VVPzatNdRGkTRu9pJZFoEmnZyts5kdvvjcstqCOjSJ0Mlnul9RpMzjuzB9n-y9j-x0wSbtf8sfYpBSgx5t8eLBzxISO2OkS3iJ-qSr9cUk7qz-pKJHB_YQNU/s1600/ojeegmanito.jpg


How the Summer Came (cont.): This is an interesting story. I am curious to see if the squirrel was messing with O-jeeg's child or if he was sincere in his wish for the summer. I think it will be interesting to see what happens.

How the Summer Came (end): It is sad that O-jeeg essentially sacrificed himself so others could enjoy the other seasons. I like that he laid on the sky's floor and was forever remembered by the constellation he made.

The Fairy Bride: I love stories about fairies! I will probably use this one to help me write my story! I love the idea of a Happy Land and fairies being the cross between the two lands.

The Fairy Bride (cont.): I love it! She finally got what she wanted! I think I will write a story like this one except from the fairy's point of view; the fairy that Neen-i-zu ends up marrying. I think it would be interesting to talk about how he feels lost and alone and cannot find the one his heart desires. I will write about how he sees her and falls in love with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment