Friday, March 17, 2017

Reading Notes: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland-Part B



I am reading the second part of  Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll for an extra reading to help me come up with ideas for my storybook project.

A Mad Tea-Party: I really don't like the two characters: March Hare and the Hatter. The Dormouse is all right, but he his continually sleeping so he doesn't do much. The other two are rude.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiTy67gfSeS1kMkikYMvu-Fp78Y202I5YLggtw7N4nJto2euLWBzvqRcKQegGadcWIDrrB3GxFGEXT3lirX2YsPuv6Edm_uA8zQ_UUzmO9qRkg6rGG_zrgRWWCRHOh5lg6GGZpAKkZhlVc/s1600/alice26a.gif

A Mad Tea-Party (cont.): This isn't one of my favorite scenes. They are rude and nonsensical and pretty annoying. I don't really like reading about these characters.

A Mad Tea-Party (end): I really don't enjoy these characters. They are rude and not helpful. I like that Alice wanders to a door in a tree as she is walking away. I will probably include something like that in my story.

The Queen's Croquet-Ground: This is the usual story that I am used to. I don't like the queen, but I know she's supposed to be disliked.

The Queen's Croquet-Ground (cont.): I really like that the Cheshire cat keeps popping up in the story. I don't really know what I'm going to do for my story, but I think I will have a character similar to the Cheshire cat.

The Queen's Croquet-Ground (end): This is quite uneventful. The queen is just beheading everyone and Alice is confused. I am not too happy that some of the chapters are not included in the story, but I know how the story goes anyhow.

Who Stole the Tarts?: I'm not entirely sure where we are picking up in the story. I am a little confused. I like that the hatter comes back into the story though.

Who Stole the Tarts? (cont.): I'm not sure what exactly the trial is over or why people are being questioned, but it is an interesting story.

Alice's Evidence: I hope Alice gets to leave and get home. I am worried the story will end without any actual ending.

Alice's Evidence (cont.): The ending was rather abrupt, but I'm glad the story at least had an ending. I wish there was more of an explanation to the dream rather than her just waking up from a strange dream. For my story, I will have the whole thing be for a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment