Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Reading Notes: Celtic Fairy Tales-Part A


I decided to read Celtic Fairy Tales by Joseph Jacobs.


Connla and the Fairy Maiden: This was a strange story. There didn't seem to be to much purpose to the story. It almost seemed like he was hearing her in his head. I'm not really a fan of how it ended. I would like a more solidified ending.

The Field of Boliauns: I don't completely understand the point of the story, but I found it entertaining! I really like that the leprechaun keeps his promise to not touch Tom's Boliauns but instead adds the garter to all the other Boliauns.


https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhxUOkML9U9jckuuT-n-QlniU2w4BYzWU0trlZEv3yQ1orgj2qdRDM4MCUhTfRPLkQHjvVSfWprGVPX8D0zniz8A3ZUTU2N8VlSkWRBey64rTP7ozJ4oU7kklmfDZWq1jE4JXFUFBq_U2w/s1600/Screen+Shot+2014-03-23+at+11.25.30+PM.png

The Horned Women: I don't entirely understand the point of that story either. There didn't seem to be much of a moral.

The Shepherd of Myddvai: I am a little disappointed in these fairy tales. I hoped they would be magical and fun, but most of them are sad and somewhat nonsensical.

The Sprightly Tailor: I was a little scared from this story. I was scared it would be a scary story. I'm glad everything turned out okay because I don't like scary stories.

Munachar and Manachar: This is a silly story. Why would he need to hang Manchar. He should just have told him to not eat his raspberries.

Gold-Tree and Silver-Tree: Not a fan of the two wives. I suppose it did complete the story, but I didn't like the polygamy thing going on. I like that the new wife saved Gold-Tree, but I feel like the character could have been his sister who came to visit to help him through his heartbreak. 

No comments:

Post a Comment