Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Reading Notes: Italian Popular Tales-Part A

I decided to read Italian Popular Tales by Thomas Crane because I love the story of Rapunzel and Sleeping Beauty!

Zelinda and the Monster: I like how the story seems to have a little hit of Christian background. This is the story of the Beauty and the Beast. I'm not a fan that she only agreed to marry him to save her father, but I like that it turned out happy.

The Fair Angiola: This is the story of Rapunzel! I like this story so far! Love is my favorite!

The Fair Angiola (cont.): It's kind of annoying that they approved of her because she was so pretty. There didn't seem to be any other qualifications. 

How the Devil Married Three Sisters: This was a silly story! I liked that it was light hearted and happy.

Sir Fiorante, Magician: This is an interesting story. I like that they do love each other so much. I don't like that he just found another wife so easily. She sounded pretty fickle.

Water and Salt: Kind of a silly story. I like that the sisters actually like each other.

Catherine and Her Fate: This is sad for Catherine. I hope the story becomes happier.

Catherine and Her Fate (cont.): I'm glad the story ended happily. I'm sad Catherine had to suffer for so long, but it ended well.

The Man, the Serpent, and the Fox: I lked that the story was relatively short, but it didn't make much sense.

The Ingrates: I don't like the last story. It does not have a good moral.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment