Saturday, April 8, 2017

Reading Notes: Through the Looking-Glass-Part A



I decided to read Through the Looking-Glass, and What Alice Found There by Lewis Carroll to help me with writing my storybook. I have hit a little bit of a writer's block. I don't exactly know where I'm going or what I want the end to be so I'm hoping reading more may inspire me!

Looking-Glass House: I'm not exactly sure where we are in the story. I think Alice just entered the new room through a mirror.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjCVL5927Jnj-_vtxK5-JvdD3YALpAqkeaIncm8mKw-gR2K53iWbiVDaztYHK3QGbvx-9KKeUFMdxmKdMMXteh5zdrLIPAWjO4ucXbKw1Tkw-JtAryRRq5gwWAVg91XgN9J-YnGklbBaXI/s1600/blackkitten.jpg 


Looking-Glass House (cont.): This is a pretty cool dream world! I like that everything is magical and fun! I'm excited to read the rest!


Tweedledum And Tweedledee: I like the Tweedledee and Tweedledum characters. They aren't helpful, but they're fun and pretty nice.


The Walrus and the Carpenter: That was kind of a sad story. I liked how the format was like a poem. It made it easier and more entertaining to read.


Tweedledum And Tweedledee (cont.): These two characters are not very nice. I don't really like reading about them because they don't make sense and they're just mean to Alice.


Tweedledum And Tweedledee (end):The brothers have an interesting relationship. I assume they're kind of like typical young boys who just want to always fight.


Humpty Dumpty: This is an interesting story. I like that they incorporated Humpty Dumpty into this story with Alice. I don't know if I've ever seen him in another story.


Humpty Dumpty (cont.): I'm not a huge fan of Humpty Dumpty. He is quite self centered and arrogant. He acts like he's better than everyone and that he's entitled to everything.


Humpty Dumpty (cont. again): I like that the two characters are finally getting along for a little bit. I like that Humpty Dumpty is helping Alice solve the riddle.


Humpty Dumpty (end): I was expecting Humpty Dumpty to fall off the wall, but he did not. I am a little confused by the things he says. He seems to speak in riddles.

No comments:

Post a Comment