Monday, April 10, 2017

Reading Notes: Faerie Queen-Part A


I decided to read The Faerie Queene by Edmund Spenser this week. I had read the Celtic Tales last week and wanted to try a different sub-genre.

Sir Guyon: This is the type of story I was expecting from this unit! It's a fairy tale and a love story! Fun, exciting, and somewhat realistic.
 
How Britomart Fought with Six Knights: I'm curious if Britomart did what she did because she had sympathy for the poor single Knight or if she was just curious and that's why she intervened? I like this story a lot though!

Britomart in Castle Joyous: I really like that the Knight is know her companion. I don't like that the lady was so promiscuous. She seems like such a fickle person and not a very decent human.

The Magic Mirror: I love this story! The girl is not at all a damsel in distress, but a warrior herself. She can take care of herself and others. I love that about this character! I also love how determined she is to find the one she loves.

The Cave of the Magician Merlin: This story is so great! I love that Britomart has such a determination and desire to meet the Knight!

Britomart's Quest: This story is so fun to read! I think it may actually be one of my favorites! I love that the girl is the one seeking and pursuing the man!

The Castle of the Churl Malbecco: I think it's really awesome how the Princess is beautiful and brave and noble! I like that she has the whole package and seems to be very kind. I think she has a bit of a temper which may be the flaw she has.

How Britomart Walked through Fire: I thought before that Princess Britomart was a little irrational, but she is actually very kind and a loving character. I love that she is willing to go and help all these people, but asks for no reward. AAAHHHH! I don't want to stop reading! I like this story so much! I love that she is so brave and bold. This is definitely my favorite so far! I hope it ends well. 


This is how I envision Princess Britomart.
Nacho_Molina 

No comments:

Post a Comment