Saturday, January 14, 2017

Overview of the Untextbook: Reading Options

Here are the stories I plan on reading over the next few weeks! :)

Week 1: Grimm (Ashliman). I recently went to watch Into the Woods, and the movie showcased the popular Grimm Brother's stories. I had read some of these stories in Middle School, and I have been interested in them ever since!

Week 2: Bible Women. As I have mentioned in some of the past posts, my religion is a major part of my life. I am currently attempting to read the whole Bible, and I think reading some of the stories of the women of the Bible would be inspiring.

Week 3: Europe II (Lang). I will read these because I love the European culture so much. My minor is Spanish, and this story contains some from Spain! I would love to learn more about the culture and history.

Week 4: Alice's Looking-Glass. I have always enjoyed the story of Alice in Wonderland. I have heard of the looking glass, and I have always wondered what it is about so this is the week I will learn!


Mythology and Folklore UN-Textbook: Myth-Folklore Unit: Folktales of Bengal. These stories all come from Bengal in western India. There is an astrological tale about the power of the planet Sani (Saturn), a famous Indian folktale about a boy with seven mothers, stories about the origin of opium and about the origin of rubies, plus some marvelous tales about ghosts and other supernatural beings, both friendly and frightening.

I thought this image was interesting because it seemed to tell a story in itself. It seems as if the two are longing for each other, but for some unsaid reason they cannot quite be together. It could also be him longing for her and seeing her image everywhere he looks. I really liked the colors and painting style of the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment