Sunday, January 29, 2017

Learning Challenge: Depression with JD Baker

I chose to watch a video and read an article by JD Baker about how he struggled with depression called JD Baker on depression, stigma in mental illness, and finding strength. He is a student at OU like I am, and it is comforting to know people are going through the same things you may be experiencing when you feel like you are alone. Depression runs in my family, like most families, and I have always worried about battling it, but it is nice to know there are others who are going through the same things I am.

I thought this was a nice quote for someone struggling with sadness or depression.
Image result for overcome depression meme 

2 comments:

  1. Sabrina, I am so glad you watched that video! The OUDaily has been doing such a good job with articles and other information to share with people to end the stigma. Did you know that J. D. Baker is now the president of the Student Government Association? He is! I think he is going to do a great job. You can follow him at Twitter if you are interested: J.D. Baker

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can agree with knowing that there's others out there struggling with depression and being in fear that I will obtain it. It is truly something that isn't easy to combat and many people need to sympathize with those that deal with such a difficult thing. Coming from an Asian family, there is no such thing as depression, we either pull ourselves together and get over such 'trivial' matters or not think about what hurts and move on.
    The great thing though, is that, it will get easier with time so long as we let it and have the support that we need. It's a great topic to touch up on and inform people about.

    ReplyDelete