Sunday, January 22, 2017

Famous Last Words: Last First Day of School

This week I experienced my last first day of school in undergraduate college!

 

It was by far my most relaxed week of college yet! It was so great! My classes weren't as busy and intensive as they have been the last few years.

 

I really am enjoying this class because I enjoy reading and writing quite a lot. I specifically enjoy creative writing and engaging readings. In engineering that is not really something we have. We write a lot of lab reports and give many science based presentations. The science based studies and presentations are interesting and I like it, but sometimes taking a break from that is really nice and enjoyable. I have enjoyed reading fiction books and creative writing throughout my childhood!

I am not quite sure what I am going to be doing next year! I am hoping to go to graduate school and major in Biomedical Engineering. Everyone thinks I'm crazy for wanting to still do more school. I can't imagine stopping then trying to resume school again when a lot of time has passed and I may have a family. I really enjoyed writing the poem I wrote about "The Boy who Would Be King. I liked writing in a poetry type manner and getting to use my creative abilities. I really enjoy spanish and painting so I assumed that I would probably find quite a bit of overlap in my enjoyment.

Over the next few weeks, I plan on working more to get ahead in my courses and to stay on track in order to not get overwhelmed like I have the last few years. I am excited for this course and look forward to writing more! I know things will pick up relatively quickly, so I would like to get ahead before I can notice that I am slipping behind. I'm excited to see what this semester holds for me and my friends!

2 comments:

  1. I chose to take this class for the same reason! I enjoy reading and writing as well. I think that it is fun and relaxing. I hope that you have a great semester and I think that this class is a perfect fit for the both of us. I still admire the fact that you enjoy Spanish! I enjoy it as well but find it a bit difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your last first day! I am super excited to graduate next year, so for now I am excited for you as well haha. Yes, I agree that you are crazy for wanting more school, but at the same time I understand why you would. I hope this semester is treating you well, and best of luck on everything!

    ReplyDelete