Saturday, January 14, 2017

My Storybook Favorites

Storybooks

Storybook 1: I picked Biblical Love Stories as one of my storybooks because my faith is something that is very important to me and love is a crucial part of our existence according to the Bible; "But the greatest of these is love." 1 Corinthians 13:13. The introduction to the stories is very good! I feel like it is accurate for the information that is actually in the stories. I really like how the stories were written. I also like how in the author's note, the author does actually tell the true story and when she improvised. I makes me feel more of a modern day connection to these biblical stories; it makes them more relatable. I liked that the author offered an image at the end of each of his or her stories. This storybook is easy to navigate and easy to understand.

https://1a78c148-a-62cb3a1a-s-sites.googlegroups.com/site/biblicallovestories/home/biblical%20love%20stories.jpg?attachauth=ANoY7cohMr7-KgXPFgTnY6QVfTm2skEdkjPsFIO7K83CFEhM-YF-0w5JNfB8yVaOrag8YXTd7jrTIlCpUbsl8QJ86bp369oGIEfgqWEgfx8P-0ZdI7dNSy8oxNl1f02cSWlCV-JoHLn-JFo4qbGhjTsb8l83EYXtr6WcLwsiUISL4rb1RNZcvxrp0jKdZKhAygEPby3e40-r3Pza0e79JuW47kNhrdZfvoaijoh6GAxwZt3hH-OvJG7POgvam3QdZ3pEZp5WU9qi&attredirects=0 

Storybook 2: I chose Fairy Tale Cribs because it showed the storytelling in a different way. It takes the reader in and makes them feel like they're actually part of the story. It is narrated like the character is actually talking to you rather than telling a story or us hearing the characters' thoughts. So it is more like a playwright than a book.


Storybook 3: I chose The Darling Tales of Wendy because Peter Pan is my favorite story! I have loved Peter Pan ever since I was a child so I was extremely excited when I found this Peter Pan story! This storybook is formatted mostly from Wendy's point of view and they are in the form of letters. I liked that they were letters that conveyed stories of the past and occurrences of the present. I liked the layout of the site a lot. I liked that the font was even script as if written by Wendy herself. I didn't like the author's notes that much. They seemed less informative than the other storybooks I had read. They were more about why the author thought what she thought rather than what was her writing and what was original. I was a little disappointed in how they portrayed Peter Pan and with the writing. I encountered a few grammatical errors, and they really took away from the overall effect.


No comments:

Post a Comment