Sunday, January 29, 2017

Week 2: Feedback Thoughts

The first article I read was Why rejection hurts so much — and what to do about it. I read this article because I struggle a lot with not being able to accept rejection. I usually spread myself so thin trying to not hurt people and not let them experience rejection from myself that when I am rejected, I take it extremely hard. I feel like I am working so hard to please everyone then no one is willing to do the same for me. I really liked that this article explained why rejection hurts so bad. As described in the article, rejection is connected in the brain with activity experienced with physical pain. I had already heard this before, but it is nice to be reminded that those feelings are actually something completely physiological.

The second article I read was Silence the Critical Voices in Your Head. I read this article because I feel like often times we are our own worst critic. This is usually the case for me as well. I like how the author listed tips for getting past the negativity associated with self criticism and turn it into productivity.

The third article I read was Be a Mirror: Give Readers Feedback That Fosters a Growth Mindset. I liked this article because we previously watched a video about Growth Mindset, and I really liked the idea of teaching to learn instead of to memorize and regurgitate. I like that Goldberg gives tips on how to give feedback like a mirror in order to be constructive and not destructive. I like how Goldberg mentions how changing your mindset will ultimately benefit both parties.

The fourth article I read was The Difference Between Praise That Promotes Narcissism vs. Healthy Self-Esteem. I read this article because again I liked the idea of a shifted mindset. I am always interested in learning how to think in different points of view. I like how it talks about changing the way you give people praise in order to steer away from narcissism.

And this image is a lighter tone about my struggle with criticism. 
Image result for taking criticism meme

No comments:

Post a Comment